Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ken Mehlman is Gay


Ken Mehlman
Ken Mehlman came to this conclusion about his identity recently, he said in an interview. He decided to answer a reporter questions, he said, because now in private life, he wants to be a supporter of gay marriage and expects that the questions will be asked about his involvement in a fundraiser end-September for the American Foundation for equal rights (TARS), the group that supported the legal challenge to the California ballot initiative against gay marriage, Proposition 8, It took 43 years for become familiar with this part of my life, said Mehlman. Everybody has their own path to travel their own journey and for me in recent months, I told my family, friends, former colleagues and current colleagues, and they were fantastic and supportive. The process was something that made me a happier person and better. It's something I would have done for years.
Ken Mehlmania
Ken Mehlman, former Republican National Committee chairman and 2004 Bush campaign manager, announced he is gay. Mehlman, 43, has quietly been friends and family, and now made public, says the Atlantic to become an advocate for gay marriage: The process has been something that makes me happier and better. This is something I wish I had done for years.
Ken Mehlman
Ken Mehlman, director of President George W. Bush campaign in 2004 and a former Republican National Committee chairman, has revealed he is gay and works to promote the cause of same-sex marriage. He confided his sexual orientation to family and friends in recent months, he said in an interview Wednesday. He said it was a recognition that came with time. At least for me it was not like there was a lightbulb moment, said Mehlman , who is now a partner and director of Global Public Affairs, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, a private equity firm. The reality is, it took me 43 years to reconcile with that part of my life. The news was reported Wednesday by Marc Ambinder, an Atlantic blogger. It has been speculated about his sexuality, but Mr. Mehlman had in the past denied that he was gay.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails